September 5, 2011

Galatians 6:2 (Week 7)



It's Labor Day, which means we've all been off from work and school. And admittedly, it's the laziest day we've had in a long, long while. And I've loved every minute of it.


I have to share a story. I had a difficult week, and had spent much time in prayer over a couple specific things. On Sunday, as I was in the choir loft singing, I noticed someone raise a hand in worship. I'm a naturally nosey curious person, so I looked to see who it was. I recognized the person belonging to the arm, and it was someone I knew from our previous church. And then I noticed who was standing next to her. It was my old mentor. My smile reached from ear to ear, and she gave me her beautiful, southern smile and wave. My heart almost exploded in joy.


When service was over, we ran to each other and had the biggest hug. I can even still smell her on my shirt. We sat down in a pew together, and immediately she said, "I want to tell you something." And she delivered to me a message straight from God, specifically talking about the main situation that made this a hard week. And I sat there crying, and she sat there crying, and in those few moments we had together I was reminded of how much God loves us. So much so that when He's got a message for you, He will bring. it. to. you. And even though you spend time focusing on other peoples' needs, He will never, never forget about yours.


Oh, how He loves us.


A couple of praise reports:


1) C has been working hard to stay off drugs and alcohol, and is desperately wanting to not see her baby enter the foster care system. Pray for continued strength, sobriety and supernatural wisdom for her and her family.


2) M's mom found a job!


And now the needs this week:


1) W has just been diagnosed with 70% kidney failure, and will need a transplant or begin dialysis soon. She's traveling to the Mayo Clinic soon to meet with more doctors. God is more than capable of healing completely...so pray for healing, for peace and for wisdom for her doctors and family.


2) The S's are trying to work through a difficult family situation. Pray for wisdom, insight, love and forgiveness for all involved.


3) C is recovering from a medical situation. Pray for continued healing, rest and strength.


4) Some dear friends are praying and waiting patiently on God to get pregnant and begin a family. Pray for the G's, the W's and the E's as they wait on the Lord for the gift of a child. 


5) M has a difficult decision to make, and needs wisdom on what to do.


6) K, M and S need salvation. Pray they will hunger and thirst for Christ in a way that makes life unbearable with Him as the answer. Pray God will bring people into their lives to walk with them, lead them and disciple them.


7) A lot of confused children are struggling to make sense of recent and/or upcoming divorces in their families. Please pray they will receive the unconditional love and acceptance only found through Christ. 


Do you have something our little community can pray for? Please click where it says "comments" below and let us know your request. If your request is for another person, please use first initials for privacy. We also want to celebrate answers to prayer, so please post a comment updating us on God's answers as they come.

If you don't have a request but want to participate, then will you join me in committing to pray for the requests that appear each week? Leave a prayer in the comments for any one specific request, leave a general prayer or anything else God prompts you to pray.

You can also link up and dedicate Mondays to prayer on your site, too.  
Grab the button and make Mondays a prayerful and purposeful start to your week. Link up below and let's blow up the internet with prayer and praise reports.

Thank you for partnering and praying for these requests. 

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: 
If either of them falls down, one can help the other up."
(Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)

Be blessed this week.






2 comments:

Candra Georgi said...

what a great idea! i'm sorry I didn't see this earlier---I'll **try** to link up next time.

Candra Georgi said...

p.s. the watch post just randomly came up in "you might also like"

***God***

p.s.s. Did your old southern mentor's name start with an A ; ) and last name rhyme with slaptz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...