Over a year ago, I posted about a book that I love. I'm still looking for my copy in my old boxes; I know I kept it and that it's just a matter of time until I find it. And when I do, I'll take a picture to show you all the random highlights and markings from that book.
I won't re-hash the original post -- you can click the above link (or this one) to read it. But I decided that today would be a good day to make another list. It's been raining here for about 24 hours (Lord, send it to Texas though, please!), and it's just too tempting to let it reign over my mood.
(Get it? Rain? Reign?)
So instead, we're going to make our own sunshine...just a random, stream-of-consciousness list of things that make you happy. They can be big, they can be little; it's not a Thanksday list, and no explanations required. Just a fun exercise in remembering things that make you smile.
Won't you join me?
Here are some of mine:
- a fully stocked fridge and pantry
- empty garbage cans
- turkey bacon
- kids sleeping soundly in bed
- an organized and clean playroom
- a bowl full of grapes already removed from the stems, washed and ready to eat
- lazy days that include naps
- not needing an alarm clock
- comments on blog posts
- empty laundry baskets
- fruit ninja scores over 400
- finding exactly what you're looking for when you're not looking for it
- a joyful heart
- Kindle books for $2.99
- listening to my kids sing worship songs with me in the car
- laughing until you cry
- sleeping for 10 hours
- the first cup of coffee
- brave teens
- laughing because you're so excited to crawl into bed
- painting your toenails a bold new color
- finding a few extra dollars in a coat pocket
- remembering what made you fall in love in the first place
So what about you? What are some things that make you happy? Don't think too hard about it, just start typing and share. Someone could use a smile today, I'm sure of it.
"God bless you and keep you,
God smile on you and gift you,
God look you full in the face and make you prosper."
(Numbers 6:24-26, MSG)