I know this is the second Monday of the 2012, which means I'm already off to a poor start to the new year and my weekly prayer posts. Last Monday was still technically Christmas Break for Jaana, and since I kept my laptop firmly closed all break, I just didn't even realize it was already a Monday. And I'm so sorry.
But this is officially my first post of 2012, so it's kind of like I'm still starting on the right foot.
At least in my mind.
Thank you…those of you committed to praying for these requests each week for the past five months. Thank you for your willingness to intercede for those who need partnership in prayer. Thank you for believing God will hear and answer prayer. Thank you for your faith when those with the needs seem to have run out. You'll never know until we all reach heaven the impact your prayers have made…for people you've never met.
Here are our requests this week:
1. T completed the MRI and EEG and was found to have no evidence of seizures!
2. The B's have found temporary housing closer to work, providing a much needed break for them!
1. G is struggling with depression, worry and anxiety. Pray peace will infiltrate and that G will give all burdens to God.
2. A has been having severe back pain due to a herniated disk. Pray for quick healing and for the pain to leave.
3. J has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She also has four incurable diseases, which make taking medication for bipolar disorder near impossible. Pray for miraculous healing for her body, and for wisdom for her husband and family as they do their best to help her through all of this.
4. J has just learned his heart is operating at 6% of what it should be. Pray he will follow doctor's orders explicitly and experience healing.
5. J lost her mom over Christmas break. Pray for her and her family as they grieve the loss of her in their lives.
6. M is recovering from a skin cancer surgery procedure. Pray for quick healing.
7. S has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will soon undergo 5-day-per-week radiation treatments for approximately 6 weeks. Pray for her physical, emotional and mental healing as she faces this.
8. J is experiencing side effects due to an organ transplant and medication from years ago. Pray for healing, and for wisdom for the doctors.
1. B's father-in-law and cousin both are battling cancer. Pray for B so she knows how to pray and support them; and pray for them and their families during this time.
2. L is in the process of divorce. Please pray for her as she wearily walks this road.
3. L's dad is experiencing the effects of the economy and will possibly have to sell a beloved and sentimental family home. Pray for the family that they would know the right steps as they walk out this journey.
4. P is recovering from a stroke, and need physical and mental healing.
5. D needs a job.
6. L needs prayers for her unborn child. She's pregnant with twins, and one is having developmental problems that will require immediate surgery when she's born. Pray for the mom as she carries these babies, pray for both the babies and for miraculous healing.
7. S is having difficulty in his marriage. Pray for he and his wife, and that God would restore their union.
8. K is struggling with the situation with her niece and nephew. K needs provision a hundred-fold, wisdom and understanding. Her niece and nephew need Jesus, badly. They are struggling with anger and frustration toward their mother, and acting out at school and at home.
9. C is back on drugs and alcohol and is daily risking the opportunity to get her infant son out of foster care. Pray for freedom from her addictions, for God's supernatural strength to help turn her life around for her and her son's sake.
10. S needs prayer for his job. Fall and winter is a slow time of year for his business, and this year is no exception. Pray for provision for him as he and his wife prepare for the arrival of their first child.
11. J has an unspecified need for herself and her family. God knows the need, let's just pray and allow the Holy Spirit to intercede as necessary.
12. J, A & S are pregnant. Pray for the health and wellness of the babies and mothers. Pray for their families as they prepare to welcome first grandchildren into the fold.
13. N needs physical and emotional and financial healing, as well as direction for God's purpose for her life.
14. Salvation for S and M. Pray for an unmistakable signs from God for them.
15. Pray for the W's and E's as they wait on the Lord for the gift of a child.
Do you have something our little community can pray for? Please click where it says "comments" below and let us know your request. If your request is for another person, please use first initials for privacy. We also want to celebrate answers to prayer, so please post a comment updating us on God's answers as they come.
If you don't have a request but want to participate, then will you join me in committing to pray for the requests that appear each week? Leave a prayer in the comments for any one specific request, leave a general prayer or anything else God prompts you to pray.
You can dedicate Mondays to prayer on your site, too. Grab the button and make Mondays a prayerful and purposeful start to your week. Leave a comment to let me know you're linking up and let's blow up the internet with prayer and praise reports.
"In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out." (Ephesians 6:18, MSG)
Keep your eyes open, and pray long and hard.
Be blessed this week and always.