November 10, 2011

Thanksday #43

'Ello.

I thought it would be fun if I wrote this post with a British accent, Eliza Doolittle-like. So I'm going to be droppin' me h's and all. No particular reason other it's gray and chilly like London. (Or rather, like how I imagine London to be. Me 'aven't been.) Jolly good time, eh?

It's like I'm bi-lingual, really.

And part Canadian.

Care for a spot o' tea and a chocolate biscuit? Or maybe some fish and chips? Pardon me while I go to the loo.

I'm back! And oh so grateful this week for:

1. Spontaneous Phone Calls. I was sitting at the coffee shop the other morning, and was feeling the urgency to leave and go run as many errands as possible while Paxton was at Mummy's Morning Out. But really, I didn't want to leave…I wanted to just sit at the coffee shop and enjoy me alone time. Not too long later, I got an unexpected call from a dear, dear chum. She's the kind of chum, and it was the kind of phone call, where you leave feeling edified. I don't know another word to describe it. I got fed and encouraged and uplifted and ministered to. I'm so glad I was in a quiet place to enjoy that phone call. 'Opefully I ministered to 'er and she felt the same way. And darn it, I need to have more of those people in me life.

(I keep wanting to say "aarrgh." Am I sounding like a pirate?)

2. Age Appropriate Workout Time. Our neighbor-'ood has a clubhouse with a treadmill. Let me emphasize A treadmill. And finally (FINALLY!) Paxton is at an age and maturity where he can come with me and play with his cars while I run. (No one else is ever there, so it's like our own little world.) There's a play room there too, but apparently, it's more fun watching Mummy 'uff and puff while trying to listen to the daily Focus on the Family broadcast, and ask her every five minutes, "Mummy, you finish?" But I'm not complaining. 30 minutes on the treadmill is better than 30 minutes in front of the TV. (Especially now that all the shows I enjoy are pretty much over and therefore my DVR is primarily filled with Good Luck Chah-lie and Jungle Junction.)

3. iCloud. I've said it before. I'll say it again: love me iPhone's iOS5 operating system and the accompanying iCloud. Everything just syncs so flawlessly and without 'aving to plug into iTunes. So my notes, reminders, contacts, and even me Safari bookmarks all sync on their own between my computer and phone. All I'm missing is Siri. And admitedly, I'm having a 'ard time building a bridge and getting over that.

4. Sojourning. Me newest most favorite word.

5. Costuming. Since I missed last week's post, my sweet kiddos all dressed up for 'Alloween needs a mention. And lest me forget the Letter G Reading Alien. The girl can pose.



6. New Shows. Me current favorite comedy sitcoms: Raising Hope, New Girl and Up All Night. Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman are 'ysterical in Raising Hope. Zooey Deschanel is so quirky and cute in New Girl. And Christina Applegate should win an Emmy for 'er role in Up All Night. The chick is ba-rill-i-ant.

7. Me Uber-Techy Li'l Girl. I know she's only seven, but my girl can keep up with technology like the best of 'em. She left this note for me one morning:


8. Manicures. Seriously, I know you're rolling your eyes. BUT, I'm taking a break from the Gelish manicure. Not because it didn't last (over two weeks, I'm not kidding). I'm taking a break because my nails grow fast. And I hate them long. And even though the polish lasts forever, I can't trim them when they're long with the Gelish polish on, because it ruins it. On top of that, say you got red polish. When you're nails grow out, it's evident at your cuticles. So then I'm putting on another coat of polish myself a week after the Gelish manicure, to cover the growth (major pet peeve). So now I'm opting for the regular ol' manicure, which is half the price. And if it chips or doesn't last as long, I can at least keep them short and polish them myself and not have spent as much money. Bored much? Sheesh, I'm over myself at this point.

(Alright, let's put the cards on the table. I'm over the English thing. It's much harder to type with an accent than I imagined it would be.)

9. Gray Days. I love fall days more when it's gray than when the sky is blue. The gray backdrop makes the colors more vivid to me. Which makes me think that when things aren't perfect in our life, when we're struggling and experiencing difficulties…that we're more vivid and beautiful to God.

10. Psalm 81:10. "I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide and I will fill it." This became a life verse for me some years ago, and at the time it conveyed one particularly strong message to me. But this week, another aspect of it was fulfilled. I've had a lot of people recently come to me with really difficult, extremely scary and painful life stuff they're dealing with. And I haven't known what to say or how to respond. But you know what, sometimes if you just open up your mouth, God will give you the words.

Your turn! Let me know what you're thankful for this week and share the love. Leave a comment below or link up with Candra. It'll make you drop your h's and crave a spot of tea.

At least for a little bit.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love those costumes! Jaana looks fierce in her G Alien get up.

I would have to disagree with you on the gray days. I enjoy the sunny blue ones much, much more.

Scott and I felt the baby move this week. What a joy!!!!

Candra Georgi said...

i heart that psalm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...