August 1, 2011

Galatians 6:2 (Week 2)

"Help carry each other's burdens. In this way you will follow Christ's teachings." (Gal 6:2)

Last week I wrote a post outlining my desire to dedicate Mondays as a day of intercession and prayer, based on Galatians 6:2. I received some great feedback, prayer requests and prayer support. I am so incredibly excited to see what God will do in and through those who are dedicated to lifting each other up in prayer!

Something of this nature doesn't come without its challenges, however. Can I tell you what a difficult week I've had since I posted last Monday? Attack from all sides...and primarily in my mind and thoughts, which is hilarious (but not ha-ha) since "be transformed by the renewing of your mind" is the entire premise of Elevate Ideas in the first place. I've been the most moody, emotional, grumpy and irritated than I've been in years. And elevating my thinking was as effective as cleaning a mirror with pledge. It just left blurry streaks.

So you can pray for me for THAT.

All that to say, if you commit to praying for the requests in this post and in the comments...don't be completely taken by surprise if you experience some attack of your own. The first thing Satan wants to do is keep us from praying. DO. NOT. BE. FOOLED.

That said, here is the list of things I'm specifically praying for this week. And as you add comments or links with requests, I will add those as well. Please join me on behalf of the following needs:

1) S as she is trying to get pregnant, and trust God for His will
2) J is struggling with a difficult family situation; for peace, wisdom and direction for J
3) C is struggling with addiction and is at risk of losing her children - pray for a Damascus Road experience for her and complete healing and recovery
3) Focus, direction and wisdom for decisions B has to make
4) M needs a change of perspective regarding a work situation, or for God to make it clear what action is required of her
5) That L would begin to really understand and embrace how much God loves her; that her security would be found in Christ alone
6) M has begun fertility treatments in hopes of conceiving soon and quickly
7) M, who is 39, is having open-heart surgery next week to put in a pig valve. This is to replace the valve that was placed when he was 5. Pray for the surgeons, and that his body will be responsive

If you have a prayer request, simply leave a comment with your request. You can leave your name or leave it anonymous. If your request is for another person, please use first initials for privacy (unless they have specifically told you it's okay). We also want to celebrate answers to prayer, so please post a comment updating us on God's answers as they come.

If you don't have a request but want to participate, then will you join me in committing to pray for the requests that appear each week? Leave a prayer in the comments for any one specific request, leave a general prayer or anything else God prompts you to pray.

You can also link up and dedicate Mondays to prayer on your site, too. Grab the button and make Mondays a prayerful and purposeful start to your week. Link up below and let's blow up the internet with prayer and praise reports.

Thank you for your openness, transparency and dedication. God will honor and bless you for your dedication. Of that I'm sure.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea and I'm excited to join along praying for these requests. I have two of my own:

1) That my mom can find a new job quickly
2) That I can have the courage to draw appropriate boundaries in a relationship, or let this relationship go, if that's required.

Hearts,

Marlena

Stephanie Guest said...

I will be praying for all of the requests.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...