May 19, 2011

Thanksday #22



What a week. What a whirlwind! It's been a week of high highs and low lows. But praise God, He's been in all of it.

My thankfuls for this week:

1. That God's been in all of it. 

2. New house. Signed, sealed and delivered. (Literally. Did you know you can't go into your newly purchased home until the deed is physically ran to the court house and recorded?) We now officially live here, after 19 months and five moves. I'm thrilled to no end! Can't wait to have Christmas in May and unearth all our stuff from storage, and then put it all away for. good.

3. Reminders of what's important. I allowed myself to get all caught up in unimportant things this week. Well, okay, not unimportant things...but I elevated earthy circumstances and my emotions above Eternal God. And that, my friends, is a recipe for disaster. There's a woman whom I've come to know and love in my Bible Study group, and she came to church on Sunday for the first time. At the end of service, when the call for salvation came, I saw her suddenly jump up. My hands flew to my mouth and tears projectile-d onto the pew in front of me. In that moment, God reminded me, "That's what's important. Not that other stuff. This." 

4. Special tweets. Monday was our last night of Breaking Free, and I was on pins and needles waiting for my small group to show up. I couldn't wait to see my new friend (and sister) and celebrate her newfound life in Christ. As I was eagerly waiting, I decided to tweet Beth Moore to tell her it was our last night of Breaking Free, and that just yesterday, one from our group broke free the best way possible and received Christ.

(You know, why not? It's not like she's getting thousands of tweets a day or anything. But I just thought, "If I were Beth and had updated this study -- the most life-changing study of my life -- I'd want to know about this!")

Well, imagine my utter joy and surprise when SHE TWEETED ME BACK! I. Die. As soon as my friend arrived, I told her what had happened, and how excited Beth herself was about her confession of faith. What an amazing way to celebrate! She couldn't believe it. I could though. That's just a small example of how much God loves her. Tiny, really.

5. Schtefanya. It's her birthday today! And because I love her and she's a special friend, she gets a special Thanksday shout out. Happy Birthday, Steph!

6. The picture at the top of this post. Because, oh my heavens, I swoon. I look at it and want to just sigh happily.

7. And the below picture. Because, oh my heavens, I think my son is part dog. Fetch, Paxton! Good boy.


8. Cheat days. Okay, so I had a whole paragraph written about this, then decided it was more information than I really wanted to share; and that I'd probably get a bunch of people telling me that I shouldn't do this, I should do that...yada, yada. So I'm going to sum this up in one sentence: I'm doing a health plan that allows me one cheat day a week. And for that one day, I'm oh-so-thankful.

9. John Mark McMillan. I mentioned last week that I bought his latest album and I am dying over how much I love it. I can't stop listening; I'm addicted. Love, love, love. A few tracks get me all happy and there are a few that just move me. Love, love, love. And did I mention love?

10. Cleaning out my inbox. I had tons of emails in my inbox that needed addressing, and if you know me, you know I cannot handle so many emails that I have to scroll down to get to them. So I was able to  spend some time getting through them and crossing those tasks off my list. There's no relief quite like the relief of a no-scroll email inbox. (Although now there are 28 and that's about 18 too many for me.)

What are you thankful for this week? Leave a comment or link up with Candra for our weekly attitude of gratitude. It'll leave a smile on your face that might even make it to your eyes.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness! I made the thanks list. What an honor. When you spell my name in Hungarian, I automatically hear you pronounce it just like on our trip. It makes me smile every time. Again, your birthday song message was by far the best of the day. Paxton saying cha cha in the background was a treat. I saved it for a rainy day.

Congratulations on the house! Does that mean I can come visit this summer? :)

I am thankful that God has blessed me with 38 wonderful years and I know the best is still yet to come.

Candra Georgi said...

i'm swooning over that photo too.

we're practically famous with the moore's ha ha

HELLO! i share in your excitement over all storage units and moves finally being landing in one place FOREVER [or for a very very very long time!] ditto from me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...