January 7, 2011

Thanksday #11



(aka “A List of Lists”)

This is for Schtefanya, whose sweet comments on my Thanksday posts always include “Oh how I love your lists.” 

And also because I’m feeling very listy. 

Here are the things I’m thankful for this week:

  1. I.THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY FIRST THING IN THE MORNING
    1.  My Bialetti stove top espresso maker
    2.  Paxton standing in his crib looking down at Elmo & Cookie 
         Monster he dropped on the floor, then saying “uh oh” when 
         he sees me
    3.  Jaana running into Paxton’s room with Minnie in her hand 
         saying, “Good morning little buddas!” (That’s budda, as in 
         ‘bud,’ not buddha like ‘bood.’)

         The above may or may not be in actual order of preference.

  1. II.GREG’S NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS (abridged)
    1.  Fancy Meal Fridays (we all dress up and he cooks dinner)
    2.  TV Fast Saturdays
    3.  Buy a house
    4.  Get a dog 
    5.  Finish Master’s Degree
    6.  Read the Bible in a year
    7.  Date Nights with Jaana

  1. III. JAANA’S NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
    1.  Do more sit ups
    2.  Work harder on math
    3.  Say “Yes Ma’am” and “Yes Sir”
    4.  Read Bible more
    5.  Pray for a different country every week
    6.  Help give food & water to the needy
    7.  Be a pen pal to a child in another country
    8.  Take dance, tennis & snowboarding lessons

  1. IV. MY NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
     1.  More quiet time
     3.  Less TV & computer
     4.  More writing
     5.  More family time and family devotions
     6.  Family Prayer Box
     7.  More quality time with Greg
     8.  Siesta Scripture Memory 

  1. V. THE ABOVE PICTURE
    1.  Jaana and I made a giraffe from the wrapping paper tubes.
    2.  I let Jaana do the tree decorating as far as she could reach.
    3.  The bottom of the tree is left bare so Paxton won’t eat the 
         ornaments.
    4.  I love that one of the many “25 Days of Christmas” programs 
         from ABC Family is on in the background, because we wore
         that station out in December.

VI. PEOPLE THAT ALWAYS MAKE ME LAUGH TO THE POINT 
     OF TEARS ON THE PHONE
     1.  Annie

VII. THINGS I’M EAGERY ANTICIPATING 2011
      1.  The iPhone coming to Verizon.
      2.  Moving for the sixth and FINAL. TIME.
      3.  Family vacation to Hilton Head over spring break (thanks 
           Herb & Bonnie!!).
      4.  Going to MAUI in September (thanks for proposing to Sara, 
           Mike!).
      5.  Possibly getting a newer car (where the gas gauge works, 
           the defrost doesn’t knock and the engine light stays off). 
           (Oh, and an MP3 hook up.)
      6.  Date nights that are officially on the calendar.
      7.  Crossing the finish line of the half marathon (or two).

         The above may or may not be in actual order of preference.

Join me in this weekly giving of thanks. You can list 10 things, or 5 things, or as many as you want. Let’s experience together the joy of being thankful in all things!

1 comment:

Stephanie Guest said...

I am totally impressed you spelled my name out in Hungarian. It made me smile and think fondly of our trip. I looked forward to your weekly lists.

As far as Greg's list, I will plan our trip to coincide with Friday night dinner. I want to see that for myself. Also, I am impressed with the TV fast day. We should do that here? How will that work for him once football cranks up again? (smile)

I love that Jaana's #1 is do more sit ups. You go girl! I am going to add that one to mine. Scott and I wore out ABC family channel as well. The "25 days of Christmas" just warms my heart. The fact that they call it Christmas makes me want to watch even more.

My list:
1) I am thankful Scott is coming home today. I have been snowed/iced in for 4 days alone and about to go crazy!!!
2) on the other end of that, glad for the alone time and how clean my condo is. I have never seen my fridge/freezer so clean. Also, glad my mother in law was not with us during this time. Whew!
3) I got to have a lengthy conversation with my friend Angie last night. She is getting married in August. I am grateful to hear how happy she is and reflect on God's love for us.
4) I am thankful for the friends and family that are praying for us as we jump on this baby train. Here's to conceiving in 2011!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...