It's Thursday, which means I should have my Thanksday list posted. But life caused an interruptus, and instead I'm sitting in my daughter's bed with her so I can hold her hair while she throws up in a bucket. She has momentarily fallen asleep -- a much needed respite from said vomiting. So as I watch her sleep with iCarly on in the background, I'd thought I'd share some random thoughts I've had lately.
I've been doing a lot of running outside now that it's been so nice, and I don't listen to anything while I run. So that means all the randomness that's in my head shakes to the surface with every little step I take. So for your utter amusement (or boredom), here are a few things that came up this week:
1) Is it Pet-Smart or Pets-Mart?
2) Or is it cleverly both?
3) Is it Peachtree ROAD RACE or PEACHTREE ROAD Race?
4) Which of man's inventions do you think God likes best? The wheel? The refrigerator? Printing press? iPhone?
5) I have my own list of things I would buy if I had a million dollars and wrote my own version of the Barenaked Ladies song.
6) If I could choose a new name for myself it would probably be something very foreign like Katya. Katya Steely.
7) I love city names in the northeast: Schenectady (my all-time favorite). Poughkeepsie. Kennebunkport. Montauk.
8) I miss 24.
9) Ralph Macchio is now 50 and still looks 13.
10) I wish I could invent something unnecessary and easy, like Jibbits or Silly Bands, sell the company and make tens of millions in one fell swoop. But then again, it would take a lot of serious work, and I'm just not that into it.
I'd share more, but have a) fear of judgment and 2) wanted to end on a nice, round number.
Please tell me I'm not alone. There's comfort in numbers y'all. Spill it.
Speaking of spill it, gotta run. Bucket duty.